In social studies, the kids finished up their huge Michigan map projects! They are so great! There are a few out in the hallway and I need to find places for the rest.
In religion this week, one of our favorite things was religion Jeopardy! I have a neat game system where the kids can buzz in! It was super fun!
We also did a little crossover work with math this week! We worked on measuring, and also talked a bit about how plants grow when we were looking at our pumpkin in math.
It was all about multiplication this week! We started the week with a snowball fight! The kids each made an array on a piece of white paper. Then they crumpled it up and tossed it around the room. They then had to find a snowball and write and solve a multiplication problem to go with the array!
The students have also started to memorize some of their facts and learned a few tricks to make it easier to remember. We started our sticker chart to track their progress. It is kind of funny how excited the kids get about adding stickers!
We also had some math fun for Fun Friday! I brought in a big pumpkin for the students to weigh, measure, observe, and decorate, a fun way to end a week of testing! Once we got all the guts out, the students made arrays to help count all the seeds - all 808 of them! We also turned it into a "Hack-o-lantern" using the Little Bits electronics kit! The light in the pumpkin is sound activated!
- Thank you to the Escanaba Elks! They donated dictionaries for all of our third graders!
- We should be receiving our Breakout EDU kit from the PTO this week! I'm super excited about it. It is modeled after the escape room idea, but for kids! I'm hoping it gets here in time to do a Halloween Breakout! If you have any old padlocks or locking containers, we would love to add it to our Breakout collection! Learn more about Breakout EDU here.
- We were also in the paper! We were in the Daily Press on 10/22 for the Blessing of the Pets and on 10/17 for our trip to Seney. We were also in the Pioneer Tribune this week for our trip to Seney! You can get the links on our Showcase page (if you don't have subscriptions, the articles will become public after 60 days I think).
- Electives registration starts on Monday. Make sure to return your child's selections by Friday. The new electives will start on November 9.
- We'll be presenting Mass on November 5.
- Simple Solutions resumes next week.
- The Fundraiser orders need to be turned in on Monday
- Lunch on Tuesday, 10/27 has been changed to a whole grain chili cheese wrap, carrots, and fruit mix.
- Our Halloween Party is on Friday. The students can bring their costumes to school and put them on after lunch.